The program is open to all qualified applicants that meet the State Minimum Qualifications in the subject area to which they will be assigned as interns.
The Aspire2Teach internship trains and prepares future faculty interested in teaching at a community college for employment. The program offers a series of institutes on inclusive teaching, professional learning opportunities, and classroom training under the guidance of a mentor in their specific discipline.
Purpose: The purpose of the Aspire2Teach internship is to increase the pool of underrepresented candidates in community college stem teaching positions that will reflect the diversity of the student body.
As an Aspire2Teach Intern you will…
- Gain valuable experience teaching in a community college classroom
- Develop meaningful relationships with community college faculty
- Be apart of a cohort of future faculty committed to inclusive teaching at local community colleges
- a supportive and engaged cohort of fellow interns,
- access to constant observation and interaction opportunities with a master teacher
- campus and district events
- regular in person debriefings
- Hire Me workshops